The apps you need for Traktor, Serato and iTunes:
- DJ Conversion Utility (DJCU)
- Rekordbox, the free preparation version from Pioneer's site will do fine
- Denon Conversion Utility (DeCU)
- Engine Prime, free to download from the Denon DJ site.
to add Engine Prime compatibility:
What is converted?
- Cues with names and colors from both the hot and memory bank
- Loops with names and colors from both the hot and memory bank
- BPM the exact Rekordbox BPM value is maintained!
- Folder and playlist structure from Rekordbox to folders and playlists in both iTunes and Traktor and optionally to crates in Engine Prime
- All metadata the platforms have in common such as genre, artwork (in full resolution), title etc
You are in control
Select what combination of folders/playlists needs to be converted:
- A few singled out playlists containing a few hundred tracks which is converted in under a minute when emergency strikes
- Complex selections of both folders and playlists after the spring cleaning of your collection
- Entire collection of thousands of tracks
- Only tracks modified at or after a given date, effectively a sync option from one collection to another
Read what other artists sayReviews at the DJ Conversion Utility's Facebook page.
Reviews at the Denon Conversion Utility's Facebook page
Supported operating system
- MacOS only (no Windows version planned)
Buy it here:
Youtube video tutorials
I fully understand this is a bit harder to wrap your head around than your run of the mill "pushing a button conversion". Don't let that scare you away, it's not complicated and you don't need advanced technical skills. The quality of the conversion is superior, completer, way faster and more efficient than any other solution out there.
- From CDJ USB to a drive that works with Traktor, Serato, iTunes and Engine Prime OneDriveToRuleThemAll
- No duplicate tracks on the USB
- This procedure can be followed even without a player present. The end-result in Engine Prime is 100% identical to how it looks on the player.
- When the procedure is finished all tracks are fully analyzed and converted, the drive is ready to be used on the players.
DeCU is required for the optional Engine Prime compatibility