The apps you need:
- DJ Conversion Utility (DJCU)
- Djay Pro 2 MacOS, the free trial version from Algoriddim's site can be used
- For use of the converted data on djay iOS the free iFunbox is required
What is converted?
- Cues with names
- Loops with names
- All other metadata both platforms have in common such as genre, artwork, title etc
You are in control
Select what combination of VDJ folders and sub folders needs to be converted:
- A few singled out VDJ folders containing a few hundred tracks which is converted in under a minute when emergency strikes
- Complex selections of both folders and sub folders after the spring cleaning of your collection
- Entire collection of thousands of tracks
Read what other artists sayReviews at the DJ Conversion Utility's Facebook page.
Supported operating system
MacOS only (no Windows version planned)
Buy it here:
Youtube video tutorials
- This is a 2 step process:
- DJCU to convert from VDJ to Rekordbox(DJCU).XML.
Use of Rekordbox is not required.
See the first part of this tutorial
From Virtual DJ to Rekordbox(xml) Quick Tutorial DJCU 4.0
- DJCU to convert the in step 1 generated Rekordbox(DJCU).XML to djay Pro 2.
See the 2nd part of this tutorial
From Rekordbox.xml to Algoriddim's djay incl djay for iOS
From djay Pro 2/Ai to VDJ
- To create the VDJ virtual playlist folder structure use the iTunes/Music.app integration of DJCU.
- The resulting djay Pro 2 MacOS collection file can be used with djay 2/Ai on MacOS and iOS!