The apps you need:
- DJ Conversion Utility (DJCU)
- Denon Conversion Utility (DeCU)
- Engine Prime, free to download from the Denon DJ site.
Test the conversion before you invest in Prime hardware
The result of this conversion is a USB drive that connects to the Prime hardware. No additional steps such as packing and analyzing are required!
The USB drive you connect to the Prime hardware is the same drive you connect to your computer for use with the Engine Prime software. Playlists, crates, cues, loops: everything is (and looks) the same in Engine Prime as it does on the Prime hardware.
Test that your carefully curated collection converts to Engine Prime perfectly before putting down the big bucks to buy the Prime hardware.
What is converted?
- Cues with names and colors
- Loops with names and colors
- BPM the exact Virtual DJ BPM value is maintained!
- the (most significant) beatmarker which can also be set as cue
- All non streaming tracks regardless of their storage location
- Folder structure in VDJ is translated into to Engine Prime crates and optionally to folders playlists
- All other metadata both platforms have in common such as genre, artwork, title etc
You are in control
Select what combination of VDJ folders and sub folders needs to be converted:
- A few singled out VDJ folders containing a few hundred tracks which is converted in under a minute when emergency strikes
- Complex selections of both folders and sub folders after the spring cleaning of your collection
- Entire collection of thousands of tracks
Read what other artists sayReviews at the DJ Conversion Utility's Facebook page.
Reviews at the Denon Conversion Utility's Facebook page.
Supported operating system
MacOS only (no Windows version planned)
Buy it here:
Youtube video tutorials
I fully understand this is a bit harder to wrap your head around than your run of the mill "pushing a button conversion". Don't let that scare you away, it's not complicated and you don't need advanced technical skills. The quality of the conversion is superior, completer, way faster and more efficient than any other solution out there.
- First stage::
Create a Rekordbox (DJCU).xml
The use of Rekordbox is recommended for flaexibility, but not required see this tutorial:
From Virtual DJ to Rekordbox(xml) Quick Tutorial DJCU 4.0
- Second stage::
Convert the XML from the first stage to a drive that will work with any Denon Prime gear.
See this tutorial:
From Rekordbox, Traktor, Serato, VDJ to a Denon Prime performance drive