The apps you need:
- DJ Conversion Utility (DJCU)
- Serato DJ Pro, the free demonstation version from Serato's site can be used.
What is converted?
- Cues with names and colors
- Loops with names and colors
- Beatgrid and Bpm (Beats per minute)
- Track color
- Virtual DJ's virtualplaylist folder structure is translated into Serato's crate structure
- All other metadata both platforms have in common such as genre, artwork, title etc.
You are in control
Select what combination of VDJ folders and sub folders needs to be converted:
- A few singled out VDJ folders containing a few hundred tracks which is converted in under a minute when emergency strikes
- Complex selections of both folders and sub folders after the spring cleaning of your collection
- Entire collection of thousands of tracks
Read what other artists sayReviews at the DJ Conversion Utility's Facebook page.
Supported operating system
- MacOS only (no Windows version planned)
Buy it here:
Youtube video tutorials
- This is a 2 step process:
- DJCU to convert from VDJ to Rekordbox(DJCU).XML.
Use of Rekordbox is not required.
See the first part of this tutorial
From Virtual DJ to Rekordbox(xml) Quick Tutorial DJCU 4.0
- DJCU to convert the in step 1 generated Rekordbox(DJCU).XML to Serato.
See the 2nd part of this tutorial
From Rekordbox.xml to Serato, Traktor, Virtual DJ, djay Pro 2, iTunes DJCU 4.5
From Serato to VDJ