The apps you need:
- DJ Conversion Utility (DJCU)
- Traktor Pro, the free demonstration version from Native Instrument's site can be used.
What is converted?
- Cues with names
- Loops with names
- Bpm (Beats per minute)
- Track color
- Folder structure in VDJ is translated into Traktor's folders and playlists structure
- All other metadata both platforms have in common such as genre, artwork, title etc.
You are in control
Select what combination of VDJ folders and sub folders needs to be converted:
- A few singled out VDJ folders containing a few hundred tracks which is converted in under a minute when emergency strikes
- Complex selections of both folders and sub folders after the spring cleaning of your collection
- Entire collection of thousands of tracks
Read what other artists sayReviews at the DJ Conversion Utility's Facebook page.
Supported operating system
- MacOS only (no Windows version planned)
Buy it here:
Youtube video tutorials
- This is a 2 step process:
- DJCU to convert from VDJ to Rekordbox(DJCU).XML.
Use of Rekordbox is not required.
See the first part of this tutorial
From Virtual DJ to Rekordbox(xml) Quick Tutorial DJCU 4.0
- DJCU to convert the in step 1 generated Rekordbox(DJCU).XML to Traktor.
See the 2nd part of this tutorial
From Rekordbox(xml) to Serato, Traktor, djay and iTunes/Music Quick Tutorial DJCU 4.0
- There is no seperate conversion TO Virtual DJ.
Because VDJ can read Serato cues and loops and iTunes playlists/folders you can convert to VDJ by using DJCU's to Serato and iTunes conversion capabilities.
- The to Serato, djay Pro 2 and iTunes/Music.app conversions can be enabled together with the Traktor conversion in the same DJCU run