The conversion procedure requires MacOS
This conversion procedure requires MacOS!
- Conversion can be run on any Apple Macintosh or in a virtual machine
- The requirements: MacOS OS-X 10.11 (El Capitan) or higher, 4Gb of Ram and an internet connection
- Rekordbox and VDJ don't need to be installed on the MacOS.
- The whole conversion procedure only requires a few Mb's of storage space on the MacOS.
- Conversion speed depends on the computer's hardware. On average it takes a few minutes.
- The conversion source can be the VDJ Windows database.xml file(s) or a drive containing the VDJ collection that can be accessed from both MacOS and Windows.
- The VDJ collection drive can be an external USB drive, network share, Cloud drive etc.
- If "Windows conversion" is enabled in DJCU’s settings, the resulting Rekordbox(DJCU).xml can only be imported in a Rekordbox Windows collection.
- If "Windows conversion" is disabled the resulting Rekordbox(DJCU).xml can be imported in Rekordbox MacOS. This xml can also serve as a source for further conversion, for instance to Denon Prime using DeCU or Algoriddim’s djay Pro 2 using DJCU.
The apps you need:
- DJ Conversion Utility (DJCU)
- Rekordbox, the free demonstation version from Pioneer's site will do fine.
What is converted?
- Hot cues with names and colors
- Saved loops with names and colors
- Various methods to assign cues and loops to the Rekordbox hot and memory banks
- (variable!) beatgrids
- Bpm (Beats per minute)
- Track color
- VDJ folder structure is translated into Rekordbox's folders and playlists structure
- All other metadata both platforms have in common such as star ratings, genre, artwork, title etc
You are in control
Select what combination of VDJ folders and sub folders needs to be converted:
- A few singled out VDJ folders containing a few hundred tracks which is converted in under a minute when emergency strikes
- Complex selections of both folders and sub folders after the spring cleaning of your collection
- Entire collection of thousands of tracks
Read what other artists sayReviews at the DJ Conversion Utility's Facebook page.
Supported operating system
MacOS only (no Windows version planned)
Windows users without MacOS access read on maybe there is a solution.