The apps you need:
- DJ Conversion Utility (DJCU)
- Serato DJ Pro, the free demonstation version from Serato's site can be used.
What is converted?
- Cues with names
- Loops with names
- Various methods to assign cues and loops to the Rekordbox hot and memory banks
- Playlist/Folder structure in djay is translated into Serato's crate structure
- All other metadata both platforms have in common such as genre, artwork, title etc.
You are in control
Select what combination of folders/playlists needs to be converted:
- A few singled out playlists containing a few hundred tracks which is converted in under a minute when emergency strikes
- Complex selections of both folders and playlists after the spring cleaning of your collection
- History lists to only select the tracks that were edited in djay
Read what other artists sayReviews at the DJ Conversion Utility's Facebook page.
Supported operating system
- MacOS only (no Windows version planned)
Buy it here:
Youtube video tutorials
- This is a 2 step process:
- DJCU to convert from djay to Rekordbox (DJCU).XML.
Use of Rekordbox is not required.
See the first part of this tutorial
From djay to Rekordbox.xml
- DJCU to convert the in step 1 generated Rekordbox(DJCU).XML to Serato DJ Pro.
See the 2nd part of this tutorial
From Rekordbox.xml to Serato, Traktor, Virtual DJ, djay Pro 2, iTunes DJCU 4.5
From Serato to djay Pro 2/Ai
Because cue colors in djay are not user editable, these are not converted. The Cue and Loop paramter tool (CLP) can assign colors to cues and loops based on their name. CLP is bundled with DJCU for free.