The apps you need:
- Denon Extractor Tool (DeXT) part of the Denon Conversion Utility distribution
- DJ Conversion Utility (DJCU)
- djay Pro 2 MacOS, the free trial version from Algoriddim's site can be used.
- for use of the converted data on djay iOS the free iFunbox is required.
What is converted?
- Lead up by the user selection of crates, play-, history- and prepare-lists
- Cues with names
- Loops with names
- All other metadata both platforms have in common such as genre, artwork, title etc
Read what other artists sayReviews at the DJ Conversion Utility's Facebook page.
Reviews at the Denon Conversion Utility's Facebook page.
Supported operating system
MacOS only (no Windows version planned)
Buy it here:
Youtube video tutorials
I fully understand this is a bit harder to wrap your head around than your run of the mill "pushing a button conversion". Don't let that scare you away, it's not complicated and you don't need advanced technical skills. The quality of the conversion is superior, completer, way faster and more efficient than any other solution out there.
- First stage::
Create a Rekordbox (DeXT).xml
The use of Rekordbox is recommended for flexibility, but not required see this tutorial:
Convert from Engine Prime to Rekordbox.XML
- Second stage::
Convert the XML from the first stage to a djay Pro 2/Ai
See this tutorial:
From Rekordbox.xml to Algoriddim's djay incl djay for iOS
From Djay Pro 2/Ai to Engine Prime