The apps you need:
- Denon Extractor Tool (DeXT) part of the Denon Conversion Utility distribution
- DJ Conversion Utility (DJCU)
- Serato DJ Pro, the free demonstation version from Serato's site can be used.
What is converted?
- Lead up by the user selection of crates, play-, history- and prepare-lists
- Cues with names and colors
- Loops with names and colors
- Bpm and beatgrid optionally
- All other metadata both platforms have in common such as genre, artwork, title etc
Read what other artists sayReviews at the DJ Conversion Utility's Facebook page.
Reviews at the Denon Conversion Utility's Facebook page.
Supported operating system
MacOS only (no Windows version planned)
Buy it here:
- follow this link Denon Conversion Utility for €34,95
- follow this link DJ Conversion Utility for €19,50.
Youtube video tutorials
I fully understand this is a bit harder to wrap your head around than your run of the mill "pushing a button conversion". Don't let that scare you away, it's not complicated and you don't need advanced technical skills. The quality of the conversion is superior, completer, way faster and more efficient than any other solution out there.
- First stage::
Create a Rekordbox (DeXT).xml
The use of Rekordbox is recommended for flexibility, but not required see this tutorial:
Convert from Engine Prime to Rekordbox.XML
- Second stage::
Convert the XML from the first stage to a Serato
See this tutorial:
From Rekordbox.xml to Serato, Traktor, Virtual DJ, djay Pro 2, iTunes DJCU 4.5
From Serato to Engine Prime