The conversion procedure requires MacOS
This conversion procedure requires MacOS!
- Conversion can be run on any Apple Macintosh or in a virtual machine.
- The requirements: MacOS OS-X 10.11 (El Capitan) or higher, 4Gb of Ram and an internet connection.
- Rekordbox and Traktor don't need to be installed on the MacOS.
- The whole conversion procedure only requires a few Mb's of storage space on the MacOS.
- Conversion speed depends on the computer's hardware. On average it takes a few minutes.
- The conversion source is a drive containing the Serato collection that can be accessed from both MacOS and Windows
- The Serato collection drive can be an external USB drive, network share, Cloud drive etc.
- If "Windows conversion" is enabled in DJCU’s settings, the resulting Rekordbox(DJCU).xml can only be imported in a Rekordbox Windows collection.
- If "Windows conversion" is disabled the resulting Rekordbox(DJCU).xml can be imported in Rekordbox MacOS. This xml can also serve as a source for further conversion, for instance to Denon Prime using DeCU or Algoriddim’s djay Pro 2 using DJCU.
The apps you need:
- DJ Conversion Utility (DJCU)
What is converted?
- Cues with names and colors
- Loops with names and colors
- Various methods to assign cues and loops to the Rekordbox hot and memory banks
- Bpm (Beats per minute)
- Track color
- Crate structure in Serato is translated into Rekordbox's folders and playlists structure
- All other metadata both platforms have in common such as genre, artwork, title etc.
You are in control
Select what combination of folders/playlists needs to be converted:
- A few singled out playlists containing a few hundred tracks which is converted in under a minute when emergency strikes
- Complex selections of both folders and playlists after the spring cleaning of your collection
- Entire collection of thousands of tracks
- Only tracks modified at or after a given date, effectively a sync option from one collection to another
Read what other artists sayReviews at the DJ Conversion Utility's Facebook page.
Supported operating system
- MacOS only (no Windows version planned)