The apps you need:
- DJ Conversion Utility (DJCU)
- Denon Conversion Utility (DeCU)
- Engine Prime, free to download from the Denon DJ site.
Test the conversion before you invest in Prime hardware
The result of this conversion is a USB drive that connects to the Prime hardware. No additional steps such as packing and analyzing are required! The USB drive you connect to the Prime hardware is the same drive you connect to your computer for use with the Engine Prime software. Playlists, crates, cues, loops: everything is (and looks) the same in Engine Prime as it does on the Prime hardware. Test that your carefully curated collection converts to Engine Prime perfectly before putting down the big bucks to buy the Prime hardware.
What is converted?
- Cues with names and Traktor colors
- Loops with names and Traktor colors
- BPM the exact Traktor BPM value is maintained!
- the (most significant) beatmarker which can also be set as cue
- all non streaming tracks regardless of their storage location (=no more missing tracks)
- Folder and playlist structure from Traktor to Rekordbox
- All other metadata both platforms have in common such as genre, artwork, title etc.
You are in control
Select what combination of folders/playlists needs to be converted:
- A few singled out playlists containing a few hundred tracks which is converted in under a minute when emergency strikes
- Complex selections of both folders and playlists after the spring cleaning of your collection
- Entire collection of thousands of tracks
- Only tracks modified at or after a given date, effectively a sync option from one collection to another
Read what other artists sayReviews at the DJ Conversion Utility's Facebook page Reviews at the Denon Conversion Utility's Facebook page
Supported operating system
- MacOS only (no Windows version planned)
Why do I need this? doesn't Engine Prime read Traktor collections?
- Yes it does, and it works alike this check out this head to head conversion comparison of Engine Prime Vs the Denon Conversion Utility and decide for yourself.
- No need to create/sync/pack separate USB drives from Engine Prime to connect to the Prime hardware.
- Use tracks stored on NAS/FileServers/CloudDrives and other storage locations Engine Prime can not read from.
Buy it here:
Youtube video tutorials
I fully understand this is a bit harder to wrap your head around than your run of the mill "pushing a button conversion". Don't let that scare you away, it's not complicated and you don't need advanced technical skills. The quality of the conversion is superior, completer, way faster and more efficient than any other solution out there.
- First stage::
Create a Rekordbox (DJCU).xml
The use of Rekordbox is recommended for flaexibility, but not required see this tutorial:
From Traktor to Rekordbox(xml) Quick Tutorial DJCU 4.0
- Second stage::
Convert the XML from the first stage to a drive that will work with any Denon Prime gear.
See this tutorial:
From Rekordbox, Traktor, Serato, VDJ to a Denon Prime performance drive
- How I use it in my workflow here this is using the more complex features of both DJCU and DeCU but is an extremely efficient way to update a Denon Prime drive with modifications made in the Traktor collection
- Traktor Cue and Key Tool to get Mixed in Key cues in Traktor and much more