The apps you need:
- Denon Extractor Tool (DeXT) part of the Denon Conversion Utility distribution
- DJ Conversion Utility (DJCU)
What is converted?
- History-, prepare and playlists from Denon Prime to folders and playlists structure in iTunes
You are in control
Select what combination of folders/playlists needs to be converted:
- A few singled out playlists containing a few hundred tracks which is converted in under a minute when emergency strikes
- Complex selections of both folders and playlists after the spring cleaning of your collection
- History lists to only select the tracks that were edited in djay
Read what other artists sayReviews at the DJ Conversion Utility's Facebook page.
Reviews at the Denon Conversion Utility's Facebook page.
Supported operating system
MacOS only (no Windows version planned)
Buy it here:
Youtube video tutorials
I fully understand this is a bit harder to wrap your head around than your run of the mill "pushing a button conversion". Don't let that scare you away, it's not complicated and you don't need advanced technical skills. The quality of the conversion is superior, completer, way faster and more efficient than any other solution out there.
- First stage::
Create a Rekordbox (DeXT).xml
The use of Rekordbox is recommended for flaexibility, but not required see this tutorial:
Convert from a Denon Prime performance drive to Rekordbox.XML
- Second stage::
Convert the XML from the first stage to a iTunes or Music
See this tutorial:
From Rekordbox.xml to Serato, Traktor, Virtual DJ, djay Pro 2, iTunes DJCU 4.5
From iTunes/Music to Engine Prime
iTunes Collection Tool weed out duplicates in an iTunes or Music collection using audio finger printing and much more.
- Only works with the Denon Prime performance drive, which is either the USB you connect to the Prime player/controllers, or its internal drive.
- Lead up by Denon Prime history lists, prepare list or playlists,not crates
- This is a "Sync changes made on the player/controller back to original collection" tool, not a tool to convert an entire collection.
- To avoid duplicate tracks and other problems ensure the iTunes/Music.app preferences are set as advised, DJCU will warn you if the settings are different: