The apps you need:
- DJ Conversion Utility (DJCU)
- Rekordbox, the free preparation version from Pioneer's site will do fine
What is converted?
- Cues with names and Traktor colors
- Loops with names and Traktor colors
- Rekordbox hot and memory banks are set identical
- Bpm (Beats per minute)
- Track color
- Star ratings
- Folder and playlist structure from Traktor to Rekordbox
- All other metadata both platforms have in common such as genre, artwork, title etc.
You are in control
Select what combination of folders/playlists needs to be converted:
- A few singled out playlists containing a few hundred tracks which is converted in under a minute when emergency strikes
- Complex selections of both folders and playlists after the spring cleaning of your collection
- Entire collection of thousands of tracks
- Only tracks modified at or after a given date, effectively a sync option from one collection to another
Read what other artists sayReviews at the DJ Conversion Utility's Facebook page.
Supported operating system
- MacOS only (no Windows version planned)
- Windows users without MacOS access read on maybe there is a solution.
Buy it here:
- Sellfy.com is the distribution platform.
- follow this link DJ Conversion Utility for €19,50.
Youtube video tutorials
- From Traktor to Rekordbox(xml) Quick Tutorial DJCU 4.0
- From Rekordbox to a CDJ USB and tips for first time CDJ users
- Traktor Cue and Key Tool to get Mixed in Traktor and much more
First time on CDJ's take this into account:
- There is no "single" CDJ, make sure you format your USB drive according to the CDJ's specifications. When in doubt stick to 32Gb FAT.
- Some CDJ's only have 3 hotcues, some have more
- The track always starts to play when pressing a hotcue even if the track is paused, this is very different behavior from the gated cues on controllers
- Mimmic gated cue behavior (as on controllers) by loading a memory cue and using the CUE button (above the Play button).
- Verify the CDJ is in "vinyl" mode